Myths about blood donation
For sick people, every lost minute is an extreme case.
- At any moment and in any place, an unfortunate accident can occur with a loss of blood from the victims.
- The delivery of blood and its components takes some time, and blood may be needed immediately.
- It is necessary that the donation is regular, and not urgent - this is the only way to ensure a permanent supply of blood components, including. for victims in emergency situations.
- Blood is needed for the sick and injured all year round. Therefore, regular donation is very important, allowing to ensure a normal level of provision of donor blood and components on a continual basis and throughout the country.
- Regularly donating a donor is a donor whose blood is the safest because of regular examination and monitoring of his health. A system of "personnel donors" is being formed from the potential of repeatedly and repeatedly donors, from which a group of "emergency" reserves can then be formed.
Blood donation is safe for the donor - all donor points in Russia are provided with disposable, sterile equipment, individual systems.
Syringes and disposable needles are opened only in the presence of a donor. After use, they are destroyed.
Donation is a very simple procedure. Thousands of donors donate blood for 40 or more times. In order to know your sensations from a needle prick, it is enough to pinch the skin on the inner surface of the ulnar area.
This is the blood most needed! If it is so common among healthy people, then it is also common among patients. The blood of all groups - both common and rare - is required constantly.
The delivery of whole blood takes no more than 15 minutes, the delivery of blood components (plasma, platelets) lasts longer, from 30 minutes, but not more than an hour and a half.
Especially for those who can not donate blood on weekdays, the All-Russian "Donors' Saturday" is held every year, in many regions SECs are opened on a special schedule on Saturdays during the year, and there is an opportunity to organize a donor's day off at the company or at the university.
Blood can be taken on any weekday. Special long rest after blood donation is not required. After giving blood, you should sit for 10-15 minutes, avoid heavy physical activity during the day and follow simple dietary guidelines
If you smoke, you should refrain from smoking for an hour before and after the blood-lead.
Donation does not harm the body of a healthy person, and blood can not become addictive, since the human body is evolutionarily adapted to bloodletting. Long-term follow-up of donors who donate blood for a long time did not reveal any deviations from blood donations.
Bleeding in scientifically justified doses has some stimulating effect, therefore donors, in the majority, active and cheerful people. Those around it are sometimes regarded as «addicted» to the blood donation.
Regular blood donations do not cause the body to «produce more blood», but they teach it to recover more quickly after blood loss.
Most people know very little about donation and therefore trust the most unreasonable myths...