Benefits and privileges
On the day of blood donation
In accordance with Art. 186 of the Labor Code of the Russian Federation on the day of delivery of blood and its components, as well as on the day of medical examination, the donor is released from work, regardless of the form of ownership, while maintaining average earnings for these days.
If, by agreement with the administration, an employee who is a donor on the day of donating blood and its components went to work (with the exception of work, with harmful and (or) dangerous working conditions, when the employee can not work on that day), he is provided with at his request another day of rest with the preservation of his average earnings.
- The establishment of the blood service provides the donor with free meals or compensation for lunch.
On the day off, during the annual holiday or on a public holiday
When donation is made during the period of annual paid vacation, on the day off or on a non-working holiday the employee is given another day of rest at his / her request.
- Note. If the employee donated blood during the period of release from work due to illness, then another day of rest is not granted to him. After each day of donating blood and its components, the employee is given an additional day of rest. This rest day at the request of the employee can be attached to the annual paid vacation or used at another time during the year from the date of delivery of blood and its components. The employer retains for the employee his average earnings for the days of donating blood and its components and the rest days granted in connection with this.
- For all cases of determining the average earnings provided for by the Labor Code of the Russian Federation, a uniform procedure for calculating it is established (Article 139 of the LC RF). This procedure is established by the Regulations on the specifics of the procedure for calculating the average wage, approved by Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 922 of December 24, 2007.
For regular donors
- Donors who donated blood and (or) its components in a total amount equal to two maximum allowable doses during the year have the right to receive preferential vouchers for sanatorium and resort treatment at their place of work or study.
Honorary donor of Russia
In accordance with the Federal Law No. 125-FZ «On the donation of blood and its components», the breastplate «Honorary donor of Russia» is awarded to citizens who donated for free:
- whole blood 40 or more times,
- plasma 60 or more times,
- whole blood 25 or more times and blood plasma in a total of 40,
- whole blood less than 25 and blood plasma in a total of 60.
The law provides that the donation of any cellular component (red blood cells, platelets or granulocytes) is equated to the donation of whole blood.
Honorary donors are entitled to:
- extraordinary treatment in state or municipal healthcare organizations within the framework of the Program of State Guarantees of Providing Citizens of the Russian Federation with Free Medical Assistance;
- first-priority acquisition at the place of work or study of privileged vouchers for sanatorium-and-spa treatment;
- the provision of annual paid leave at a convenient time for the year;
- an annual cash payment.
Citizens of the Russian Federation who are awarded with the «Honorary Donor of the USSR» badge and permanently residing on the territory of the Russian Federation have the right to measures of social support of the «Honorary Donor of Russia».
On benefits to donors provided in your city, you can find out by contacting the local social protection authority.
Most people know very little about donation and therefore trust the most unreasonable myths...