- The word «donor» comes from the lat. donare — «to give».
- In an adult human body, approximately 5 liters of blood (6-8% of the mass of the human body), the child - about 3 liters.
- The red color of the blood is attached to the red blood cells, and they, in turn - hemoglobin, which includes iron. Over a lifetime a person produces about 650 kg of red blood cells.
- If you connect all the vessels of a person, then they will be equal to 200 thousand km.
- The most famous donor during his life donated blood 1173 times.
- Regular donors are much less likely to suffer from cardiovascular diseases and live on average 5 years longer than the average person.
- Regular renewal of blood cells from donors contributes to a more stable functioning of the immune system, liver, pancreas, digestive system.
- According to the Japanese, the blood type determines the character and individual characteristics of a person more than the constellation of the Zodiac.
- During the Great Patriotic War, the number of donors reached 5.5 million people and the active army received more than 1.7 million liters of canned blood, which was used for 7 million transfusions. For the years of the war, 15 000 people were awarded with the Badge of Honor «Honorary Donor of the USSR».
- After donor donation, the donor should visit the blood service institution after 6 months, to undergo a second check, confirming that he is healthy and all blood components can be used for transfusion to people who need them.
- The donor gets the opportunity to monitor his health by regular medical examinations and free tests for the most common infections. The donor knows that he is healthy!
You gonna donate blood? Tell your friends about it on social networks.
Most people know very little about donation and therefore trust the most unreasonable myths...
The blood service is a structure that brings together health care facilities (or facilities) across the country...