Blogger’s Council at the Federation Committee held an event to support blood donation at the Dmitry Rogachev Center
The Expert Council on Information Policy and Content Analysis, or the Blogger’s Council, has been operating under the Federation Council Committee on Science, Education and Culture since 2020. The Council brings together more than 75 people - bloggers with tens, hundreds of thousands and millions of subscribers, artists, statesmen and representatives of the scientific community.
The donor campaign was initiated by Victoria Rashina, a lawyer, human rights activist and deputy coordinator of the Blogger’s Council.
“I have been dealing with the blood donation for more than 10 years - I am an active donor and I try to involve friends and like-minded people in this important matter. By developing blood donation, we are saving someone's life. And these are not just words! Thanks to our action, I also got into the bone marrow donor registry, because in a difficult period of sanctions and other political restrictions, it is very important to develop and replenish the domestic bone marrow donor registry. Take care of your health and become a blood donor!” Victoria Rashina urges, Deputy Chairman of the Blogger’s Council.
Contrary to popular belief, blood donation is necessary not only in the case of major disasters and catastrophes. After all, fresh blood never goes immediately to transfusion - it undergoes separation and treatment of useful components: plasma enters shock freezing, a nutrient solution for long-term storage is added to red blood cells, platelets are separated from leukocytes, etc. While the wounded and injured in case of necessity transfused already prepared blood from stocks. It’s important to give blood at a safe time - to replenish such supplies in case of emergency.
For me participation in the donation campaign was an amazing and new experience. Contrary to the established opinion, it was not scary, not painful and not for long. When you understand who will receive this blood, who needs it, there is a special state of involvement in the life and health of the little person. There will always be people, adults and children in need of blood donation. Unfortunately, amidst high-profile catastrophes and accidents, even deadly diseases can seem mundane and go unnoticed. But these terrible diagnoses have been, are and will be. And our blood is constantly needed for those who struggle with their diseases» - Victoria Bradys blogger-pastry, member of the Blogger’s Council shares.
Need to know about blood donation:
- To become a donor of blood and its components you should be over 18 years, weighing more than 50 kg, without contraindications, after the initial medical examination at the place of donation;
- you may be denied from blood donation in case of contraindications or suspicions of diseases - then you will be referred for further examinations;
- there are different types of blood donation: whole blood donation or its components (plasma, platelets, erythrocytes) - they differ in volumes and allowable frequency of donation;
- men can give whole blood up to 5 times a year, women - up to 4;
- Donors are given two days off: the day of blood donation and the day after;
- blood donation may be free of charge or for a fee, and upon gratuitous donation the donor receives a compensation for food;
- gratuitous donations are taken into account, when presenting «Honorary Donor of Russia» to the award, as well as similar city awards («Honorary Donor of Moscow», «Honorary Donor of Saint Petersburg»).
Most people know very little about donation and therefore trust the most unreasonable myths...