Salutary art of A’STUDIO
What the musical project “MUZARTERIA” teaches and what a song about volunteering and donorship should be.
A’STUDIO is a legendary band having a unique for Russian pop scene sense of style and musical taste. The band performs romantic and dancing soul-funk with elements of acid jazz which is especially shoing at their live concerts. The band has a lot of awards in various nominations of many contests and festivals. At the awarding ceremony Muz-TV 2011 A’STUDIO was the second year in a row the best pop-group of the year.
At present there are four people in the band: Baygali Serkebayev, Vladimir Mikloshich, Fyodor Dosumov and Katy Topuria.
When the band was formed it had the name “Alma-Ata Studio” but after the band had become part of the Pugachyova’s “Theater of song” it was shortened to now widely known “A-Studio” and later – A’Studio.
In 2005 A’STUDIO presented its new program and new voice. Katy is a beautiful girl from Tbilisi with Italian and Polish roots and striking looks, very active and lively won the audience with her moving voice and professional performance.
During all its life the band has been working with Kazakh composer Yerkesh Shakeyev, among the band’s hits are his songs “Нелюбимая” (Unloved), in 2007 album “905” – “Бегу к тебе” (Running to you) and “Душа” (Soul).
Baygali Serkebayev, Vladimir Mikloshich, Fyodor Dosumov and Katy Topuria, members of A`STUDIO
Interview with Baygali Serkebayev the leader of the band A’STUDIO for the newspaper “Zabaikalsky rabochy” (Chita). Author – Olga Stefanovich.
Salutary art of A’STUDIO
- What has encouraged A’STUDIO to become active participants of “MUZARTERIA”? Have the band members of maybe their relatives found themselves between life and death and there was an urgent need of blood transfusion?
- Somehow it seems that nothing’s going to happen with us or our families, that all problems and misfortunes fall on others and we are ensured against that. This opinion is misleading. I think, that the main thing the project “MUZARTERIA” teaches us is ability to think not only of ourselves, but of others. And it doesn’t matter whether you give blood, are a donor, take away garbage or help old people across the road. The main thing here is the feeling that we are all together, and should help each other.
As for me, I have donated blood several times. The first – when my friend was in trouble and he needed blood. When this story had finished more or less well, I understood that people who needed blood might not have such friends with the same blood group and this could cost somebody’s life.
- Will A’STUDIO perform their own song calling for saving lives by being a donor? Or are you planning to sing a song sent to the Contest by an unknown author?
- All musicians participating in the Contest will be performing songs by young authors - this is the idea of the Contest. We will choose a talented song writer and appear on the stage with him.
- Is it hard to judge the works for the Contest?
- It is sometimes very hard. It happens that the composition is weak but I can feel that behind it there is a real story and real pain. What should you do in this case? I still don’t have the answer. It is important to remember that the project is appealed to young people. The song should be a real hymn! The music should be modern and there must be a spark.
- Considering the popularity of the Contest it might be suggested to be continued next year. What can you advise to those wanting to join the project?
- Open you hearts. This is the only way to become a part of the project.
- What new has “MUZARTERIA” brought in A’STUDIO’s work?
- I think we’ve started to think more about the side of art which can be cold “salutary”.
- Who writes songs for the band today?
- I (Baygali Serkebayev) do, sometimes jointly with some talented authors. Although each musician adds something of his/her own in performance or presentation of a song.
- It's not a secret that a lot of young bands fall apart very quickly, not even having gained enough popularity. What is the reason for that and what is the secret of A’STUDIO’s long life? Who acts as a successful PR manager in you group?
- We are invited to various award ceremonies, meetings, interviews, people want to talk with us and we try to stay in touch – this is what we call PR. And long life is a matter of loving your job.
For the Russian Engineering Union, donorship became an important idea uniting people - employees of hundreds of enterprises. The wealth of experience of the donation development in the Union is an example of how to build a socially responsible work in a company at a high level and with the maximum result. This was told us by the vice-president of the Russian Engineering Union, the first deputy chairman of the State Duma Committee for Economic Policy Vladimir Gutenev.
20th of April – National Blood Donor Day. We thank and congratulate all donors in Russia for their willingness to donate blood for patients in need of a transplant. Many donor’s events are held and of course many people donate blood on this day. We often ask donors in our interview about the donation procedure, what they feel, what they scare, what it means for them. Story about from Yegor Tischins’s life will help to answer these questions.
On the 7th All-Russian Forum of Blood Service the Blood Donor Center of the Republic of Mordovia got the majority of votes and became the absolute winner in the competition of professional mastery «Blood Service’s institution – 2014». Olga G. Makedonskaya, the medical director of Blood Donor Center in the Republic of Mordovia, disclosed her secret of success and told us her plans for the future in the interview.
Each donor has his own story of how he joined the donor movement. Here is one of them, the story of Sergey Nikolaevich Yefimov, "the Honorary Donor of the USSR", head of the public organization "The Donors of Murmansk".
Why there can’t be too much donor blood and about the use of regular blood donation not only for patients, but for donors as well.
About some results of the promotion Program of voluntary blood donation in our country.
Why financial giants become partners for the Blood Service
Most people know very little about donation and therefore trust the most unreasonable myths...